Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Little Bit About Myself and My Hopes for This Blog

Hello readers!

So I had many hopes for what I was going to write about for today's blog topic, but I realized that realistically it doesn't really matter if you don't know anything about me first! So the point of today's entry is just to give you a little glimpse about who I am and what I'm interested in, so you don't have to read three weeks worth of blog entries before knowing who I am.

I'm a 20 year old student, and I live by the beach in Southern California. I'm currently attending community college with the hopes of transferring to UCLA in a couple years. I'm majoring in Mathematics because I like how straight-forward numbers can be. The best way to explain my love for Math is in the movie Mean Girls (I know, right?) where the main characters says that math and numbers are the same in every country. Math is also not confined by history and will not change with one dramatic social event.

In my free time I play a lot of World of Warcraft, which some people think is a little odd because I'm a member of a sorority. In truth, I started playing WoW way before I joined a sorority so I don't think it's that weird and I'm not about to stop something that brings me so much entertainment just because social norms say I should. I'm very much what they call an alt-aholic (see this video if you haven't already, it's hilarious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV2flIu0swA), so I don't have any max-level characters at the moment. I should have an 85 priest soon, but I'll update you when that occurs.

I really love to write, although I mostly like to write academically (like essays) so I find it a little hard to write at a more casual level, which I will be working as I continue with this blog. But as much as I love to write, I have way more empty journals than I have filled ones just because I find it so much easier to type and handwriting takes so long. I also like music of many different types and dancing around like a fool when no one's watching (or when I'm at Disneyland, where acting like a giddy fool is always appropriate).

I have dreams of someday having a regular website that people will look to me for entertainment or inspiration, something that I hope this blog will help me achieve. I hope this blog will also be able to help me grow a little along with my readers. Because I have so many facets to my personality, I can't expect this blog to only be on one subject. Some days I'll blog about my real-life adventures, some days about my WoW adventures. One entry will be satirical, and the next may be entirely serious. Because of this I hope to get many readers, even though they may not like or be interested in every single thing I post.

I hope you'll be able to join me on my blogging journey, and as I said in my previous post, I look forward to hearing any suggestions about future blog entries! Thanks guys!

Love,
𝄞

No comments:

Post a Comment